On Saturday we had a little mini photo-shoot with one of my baby nieces. It was a lot of hard work, but it was very enjoyable at the same time. It took about 5-6 hours to complete the photo shoot. I still can’t believe its almost Christmas in less than 3 day. Ahhhh! I’m freaking out! I haven’t brought any presents or done any errands. I’m usually the one who has everything ready 1-2 weeks before. Unfortunately, I got sick 2 weeks before Christmas. I might have to run errands later today with one my younger sisters to help me out.
I just finished talking to my mom and we have decided our menu for Christmas.
- Mexican Posole-It is a brothy stew with pork and hominy. – But I usually make my posole vegetarian friendly. 🙂
- Atole de leche, – Which is pretty much is a traditional cornstarch-based Mexican and Central American hot drink
- Atole de tamarindo- It is tamarind hot drink serve with tamales
- Atole de Arroz- Mexican Rice pudding
- Homemade Buñelos are commonly served in Mexico and other Latin American countries with powdered sugar, a cinnamon and sugar topping, or hot sugar cane syrup (piloncillo) – Very delicious. 🙂
- Tamales- 3 types of tamales.
- Uchepos are fresh corn tamales that’s from Michoacan Mexico- Where my family is from- It is a super easy to make. It’s a sweet fresh corn tamales.
- Popular tamale that is masa with chili and pork wrapped with yellow corn husk
- Corundas are,wrapped in a long green corn plant leaf, and folded, making a triangular shape. In the middle of the tamales we put a spoonful of red chili.
- Homemade tostadas- with beans, tomatoes, lettuces, cheese, salsa, and you can add any toppings.
- Homemade Salsa.
According to the weather forecast- We’re going to have a White Christmas- Woot Woot!! 🙂 It’s been forever since we had one. i hope the forecast doesn’t change. xD I’m not sure if I already posted a picture of our Christmas tree. But here it goes.