12-18-2014 Got sick with Pneumonia

12-18-2014 Last Monday, I suddenly got a achy muscles, and by the end of the night my throat was a little sore. I began to have a fever of 102.8 degrees. As the days progressed I started to get weaker and weaker.

I stopped eating since Monday night. I also developed a nasty cough. At first I thought It was the flu. And on Thursday I finally decided to go the doctor, while I had the fever. The Nurse Practitioner told me that I had a viral infection, ear infection and bronchitis. I  was also tested negative for the flu test.

. The only medication that I received  on Thursday was antibiotics for my ear infection and a inhaler for my bronchitis. I began to take my medications and I still not  seeing any results. I will still having a  fever of 102 degrees and at times 103.

On Sunday night I thought I was getting better. I went to sleep and suddenly at 11:21 pm I started to have a coughing attack. I had to go to the Emergency room because I couldn’t breath. My older sister and my mom took me to the  (Methodist Women Hospistal in Omaha)- ER They quickly took me in after I gave them my insurance card and ID

They started to get all my temp, blood pressure, checking my breathing etc. They took me right away to get a x-ray of my chest. The doctors discovered I had pneumonia. The doctor gave me antibiotics,and steroids to stabilize me. The respiratory nurse gave me a nebulizer treatment while I was waiting.

And within mins I was able to breathe clearly.  The doctor told me he didn’t want to let me go because my oxygen level was still in the pretty low side , but I told him I was feeling great. The doctor was like alright let me get the discharge papers ready.

After the nurse came in with the discharge papers. I  suddenly began to feel nauseous  and the doctor told me that I had to stay at the hospital at least 24hrs.

They quickly started the iv fluids I got one bag of antibiotics, potassium and sodium within the time I was at the hospital. I also receive 4 nebulizer treatments  though-out my stay, And at the end of the day, I felt much better.Once  the nurse checked my blood level that my potassium and was back to  normal. I release from the hospital. 🙂

Right now I’m still recovering from pneumonia. And each day I’m able to more stuff I able to breathe much better and I don’t feel like I’m suffocating. My arms are still bruised up due to the iv and getting blood. Otherwise I’m still taking my medication, and getting better.  Tomorrow morning I have my follow-up appointment. So I’m excited to go back to work/school. Depending on what my doctor tells me. 🙂

I really glad I had a great team of  nurses and doctors who took care of me. I wish them all the best.

UPDATE: I just received a lovely card from my co-workers 😉ers.


Published by


Hi everyone name is Cecilia and, I'm 25 years old. I'm passionate about plants and gardening. At the age of 16, I was bitten by the gardening bugs, thanks to my grandma and my sweet, lovable mama. I plan to share my hopes, dreams, fears, and daily happenings in my life. When the days are beautiful. I enjoy going on road trips and especially go on hikes. I'm just recently graduate from college, and I was able to get my degree in Horticulture- Small Market Farming. Now I'm working on getting my IT innovation Degree at UNOmaha. My dream is to one day possess my own land out in the country, but near the city. Where I can be surrounded by peace and filled with inspiration with a little mix of technology. If you have any questions, feel free to email me :))

7 thoughts on “12-18-2014 Got sick with Pneumonia

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s